[address and phone #]
United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
2501 South State Highway 121
Business Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067
Re: I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance
Beneficiary: [your fianceâ€™s name]
Dear Sir or Madam:
Enclosed please find Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance for
- Filing fee check in the amount of $455 [changed to $420 after 11/23/10]
- Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e)
- Evidence of petitionerâ€™s US citizenship
- Form G-325A and photograph of the petitioner
- Form G-325A and photograph of the beneficiary
- Evidence that the petitioner and the beneficiary have met in person within last 2 years
- Letters of intent to marry between petitioner and beneficiary
If you have nay questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned. Thank you for your kind consideration.
I-129F Cover Letter sample (K-1 visa)
Although not required, it’s really important to introduce your I-129F Petition for fiance K-1 visa to the USCIS with a Cover letter.
Below is a sample of how you should frame theI-129F Cover Letterwhen first beginning your Fiance(e) K1 visa case. This document becomes the table of contents of what’s included in your submission package.
Download this I-129F Cover Letter Sample
How to write a I-129F cover letter
*The following are suggestions, not requirements*
The cover letter is simply a piece of paper you write to give an overall summary of your fiance(e) visa petition. It should be the first page the USCIS officer sees when they open your I-129f packet. The paper itself can be any size, but go with letter size (8.5 x 11). You should submit an original I-129f cover letter with your signature, but keep copies for yourself.
Keep the cover letter formal, short but concise. Use bullet points to list the contents of your petition package. There isn’t a template that theUSCISrequires using when submitting anything to them, so use your best judgement. A good example of how to write up the I-129F cover letter is using a sample cover for a job.
What to include in your I-129F Cover letter
The main purpose is going to be to describe the purpose of your petition submission. You’re going to request the USCIS to review your K-1 visa petition. The style of writing is formal (memo) statement.
- 1. Your contact information on top to start off the introduction.
- 2. USCIS address. Latest USCIS information (address) next.
- 3. Your full name as petitioner, Your fiance(e)’s full name as beneficiary, What you’re petitioning for (I-129F). Tell them you ultimately want a K-1 visa for the beneficiary fiance.
- 4. Supporting documents. Indicate that you’re attaching supporting documents (Example:Letter of Intent to Marry)
- 5. List. Bullet list of all documents in your I-129F petition packet
- 6. Sign and date
- 7. Don’t Reveal too much information. I’ll explain why in my step-by-step I-129F approval guide. It has a breakdown on things that really affect your approval.
Addressed the letter to the Dep’t of Homeland Security USCIS officer. Be sure to mention documents are true, photocopies or originals, unaltered, translated if needed, etc. Sign with wet signature.
Be respectful, kind and thank them for their time.
The next step…
Now that you’ve got your cover letter all done for a quick I-129f approval, it’s time to understand what things you need to put into your evidence of in-person meeting.